"Every Child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once he grows up." -- Picasso

Thursday, May 8, 2014

WOLVERAMPAGE!! Inked

Pen & Ink on Standard Stock
Inked on Date: May 7, 2014




So much for exercising restraint during the inking process, right? I guess I just saw exactly in my mind how I wanted this inked, and I executed it faithfully to that vision. I did manage to resist the urge to keep adding detail in an effort to separate the figure from the ground-- I'll admit the inks sort of blend into each other a bit here, and it lacks a proper focal point-- but I've learned that this is best left to the discretion of the colorist, and attempting to overwork the inks to compensate is typically excessive and tends to only hurt the final result.

Color will come. It's too late to turn back now.